Quality Assurance Engineer
Shift: 7:30am - 4:30pm + some OT required
WHO WE ARE: At Yokohama, we have been dedicated to the advancement of tire design and development since day one of our founding in 1917. Since expanding to the United States in 1969, we’ve been an industry leader in tire technology and innovation across the globe. We are driven by our mission to foster a customer-centric culture, focused on delivering world-class products that satisfy the needs of a dynamic market, while maintaining our impact on the environment.
WHAT WE DO: At Yokohama Tire Manufacturing Virginia (YTMV) we manufacture ultra-high performance, high performance, touring passenger, and light truck tires. We produce millions of tires annually for the consumer division of Yokohama.
THE ROLE: We are looking for a Quality Engineer who will play an important role in assuring product quality by establishing and implementing process and product parameter controls that are prioritized based on risk analysis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process failure mode effect analysis of all tire manufacturing processes together with establishing checks and controls through the use of Yokohama Control Plan (IPCS) to improve tire quality and reduce risks associated with poor quality.
- Participate and lead quality improvement activities in all divisions.
- Review and modify Factory Standards when needed.
- ISO 9001/14001 internal auditor.
- Support QA holds and customer return investigations as needed, to include containment verification where applicable (Suspect Tire Search files and scanning, suspect ticket lists, etc). This can also involve communicating with TCS, updating hold lists and folder information during hold situations.
- Use statistics and other quality tools to analyze equipment and processes for potential improvements in quality.
- Use advanced computer skills to investigate, analyze and present ticket scanning and material usage within the factory.
- Follow up on and verify countermeasures put in place to improve quality.
- Generate custom reports using excel and oracle to share information with production and management.
- Performs special projects as assigned by QA Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Industrial or Mechanical preferred)
- 2 years related experience preferred which includes good working knowledge of the tire manufacturing process
- Analytics thought process
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Products
- Strong communication skills and team work abilities
WHY WORK HERE: Along with a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefit package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision care
- 401k retirement program with employer match
- Life insurance and disability income protection
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Continuing Education Assistance
- Discount on Yokohama tire purchases
This is a full-time, on-site position working at the Salem, VA manufacturing plant location.
Yokohama Tire Manufacturing Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer