In support of our workforce of tomorrow, the Chamber will award four scholarships to Botetourt County graduating seniors. The four Scholarships will be awarded to one senior from James River High School, Lord Botetourt High School, the Botetourt Technical Education Center, and one senior from a homeschool student residing in Botetourt County.
Recipients are recognized for their commitment to further their education, focus on specific career goals, and involvement in the community. Each will receive a $1,000 scholarship thanks to the generous support of the Chamber members and sponsors. The award is paid directly to the postsecondary institution at the beginning of the school year.
To be considered, applicants must:
• Be graduating from James River High School, Lord Botetourt High School or Botetourt Technical Education Center in the Spring of 2023 or be a resident of Botetourt County and graduating from a home school program in the Spring of 2023.
• Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5, as computed by school board policy, or equivalent, through the first semester of the graduation year.
• Have participated in school and community activities.
• Be recommended by two adults who can speak of the applicant’s character and dedication.
• Be accepted by and planning to attend an accredited college, university, or postsecondary institution immediately after graduation to further his or her career goals.
Applications shall be completed online no later than April 14, 2023. To be deemed complete, all applications must include the following items:
• Application contained in this package. The Scholarship Committee is accepting applications in written and video formats. We will also accept videos of school projects or work in the community that support the application.
• Current signed transcript
• Two letters of recommendation. Recommendations cannot be from family or a member of the Scholarship Committee.
If you have questions, please contact your guidance office or the Chamber office about the process. Emails to the Chamber may be sent to Khari Ryder (Khari@botetourtchamber.com) or Jennifer Vance (Jennifer@botetourtchamber.com).
The Botetourt Chamber Scholarship Committee
2022 SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS ARE:
James River High School
Plans to attend Hollins University with a major in Creative Writing and minor in Psychology.
Lord Botetourt High School
Plans to attend Virginia Tech to study Finance and start a career at a financial firm.
James River High School and the Botetourt Technical Education Center Plans to attend Hampden-Sydney College to study Computer Science and National Security. Seth plans to pursue a career in public service with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
2022 Scholarship Partners: